What is it about:
The "FREE" application is a tool aimed mainly at women who suffer or have suffered gender violence and any person who detects a possible situation of abuse in their environment. Includes call 016 and testimonies of battered women. It is an initiative of the Ministry of the Presidency, Relations with the Courts and Equality.
"FREE" is free and compatible with IOS and Android operating systems. It is a confidential application and has been designed so that it remains hidden in the phone's menu so that no one else, except herself, knows that she has an application on gender violence.
Through a main menu made up of six sections, the person who downloads "FREE" can:
- become aware of your situation as a victim of gender violence
- learn about the steps to follow in a situation of gender violence
- know the telephone and face-to-face resources that are available to you for advice and reporting
- know the self-protection measures you can and should take to safeguard your safety and that of your children
- And, finally, she can feel that the whole of society is by her side, that other women have gone through the same situation and have managed to get out and start a new life away from violence.