The technical performance of the Amplicomms TCL 400/410 alarm clock has been tested.
First, it should be noted that the Amplicomms TCL 400/410 alarm clock is compact and features a large number display, which allows easy viewing.
-Automatic: Although the instruction manual indicates that it is possible to receive the time signal automatically, the device does not always manage to do so. This is because the reception of the signal is done by radio waves from Berlin and depends on factors such as the weather, the reception hours, etc. In this way, the device can receive the signal in the first 7 minutes of operation or it can take several hours.
-Manual: It is a simple process and is well described in the product's instruction manual. It allows you to configure:
- GMT time zone.
- Hour and minutes.
- 12Hr format or 24Hr format.
- Snooze time (between 5 and 60 min).
In addition, the repeat / dimmer key allows you to set the screen brightness to (HI/MED/LO). This function is not available when the alarm is sounding.
Setting the alarm is a simple process and well explained in the instruction manual. In addition to activating the alarm time, you can activate:
-Vibration: When the alarm is activated, the pad begins to vibrate. It has 2 vibration intensities Hi (high), LO (low) that can be chosen when setting the alarm. Vibration only occurs at the pad.
-Tone: This alarm clock has 3 alarm tones available, F1 (low tone, 800 kHz), F2 (medium tone, 1 kHz) and F3 (high tone, 1.5 kHz).
-Flash: When setting the alarm, you can activate the flash mode so that a light turns on during the alarm.
-Volume: It has a roulette at the back to be able to regulate the volume.
-Repeat function: It is possible to activate the snooze once it sounds. It can be configured (before it sounds) to repeat after a certain time (between 5 and 60 minutes).
The alarm can be activated only with the vibration option, with sound and vibration, with flash and vibration or with flash, sound and vibration.
Use with batteries
It incorporates the function of adding a button battery so that in the event of a power outage, the watch does not lose the time or the alarm settings.
When the power goes out the screen turns off, regardless of whether there is a battery or not. However, if there is a battery, it is able to save the time and when the light comes back on, turn on the screen without losing the clock time, even with no light for more than 10 hours. When the light returns, if there is no battery, it emits the automatic reception of the hourly signal, which does not emit if there is a battery.
If the outage occurs during the period for which the alarm should sound
Smoke detector sound magnification
Activating the smoke detector is very simple, since it is only necessary to press and hold the Smoke key and the led of the corresponding screen with Fire will light up indicating that it is activated.
When the microphone of your alarm clock receives an alarm from a smoke detector, the Fire led starts flashing and the alarm will notify you by:
- Flashing indicator
- Alarm tone (depending on the alarm volume)
Note: This function is not a smoke detector, but amplifies the sound emitted by the smoke detector that you have installed in the house, and could not be tested because there is no fire detector in the house.
The following information can be found in the manual. ATTENTION: The smoke detector indication is limited to a range of 2.5 to 3 meters from the smoke detector. Long-distance smoke detector indication, for example, across an entire room is not possible.
On the back of the watch, you can find a USB port where you can connect your mobile phone and charge it. Performs the function correctly.
It can be useful when there are not enough outlets in the room or if you want to have your mobile close by and only have one outlet.
When the power goes out, it stops performing the function even if the battery is inserted. When the light returns and the signal reception led stops flashing, the mobile recharges.
It is a very useful product for people with reduced or null vision and/or hearing, since it allows them to gain independence to be able to wake up.
The operation is simple and the design nice with a large display with very clear numbers.
The automatic time reception functions depend a lot on weather factors, reception hours, etc.
In short, a good product that fulfills the functions it indicates, but to improve in some aspect to get 100% utility.
- The length of the pillow cord, so that it can be attached anywhere on the pillow.
- Screen with large number, which allows easy viewing. In addition, the brightness of the screen can be regulated.
- It allows you to configure the alarm with great versatility, being able to activate only the vibration, or vibration and sound, or vibration and flash, or all three at the same time. In addition, it has different levels of sound and vibration.
- It includes a USB charging port and a sound amplifier from a smoke detector.
- Automatic reception depends on weather and time factors, making reception not always possible in the first minutes of operation.
- When the power goes out, the screen turns off even though it is keeping the time thanks to the battery, which does not allow detecting if the battery is working or is dead. It could include a battery symbol to know how much the battery has left, which will appear at all times on the screen, so, even thought the battery is not used, it can be discharged.
- Only one alarm can be set.
- When there is a power cut in the period that the alarm should sound, it does not work.