This screen will provide an updated display of the publications of the closest neighbors or those with whom you have connected, that are generating a high number of views, so that the user does not miss it.
Privacy & Security
When creating an account on Nextdoor, the user must verify their zip code and address to join the community of neighbors, which ensures that only people who live in a certain neighborhood have access to it. This address will not be visible to other Nextdoor users. In the event of offering a product for sale, Nextdoor offers the possibility of including the exact or approximate address (it would show the neighborhood) of the collection point.
Nextdoor features an intuitive and easy-to-use interface, where content is organized into clear sections, allowing users to explore and discover information relevant to their neighborhood. Search and filter functions make it easy to locate specific topics and local events. In addition, Nextdoor offers an experience that invites users to organize and participate in the activities offered by the community.
Accessibility for people with reduced or no vision
Accessibility for people with zero visibility has been evaluated through the Android voice narrator, talk back. It has been verified that, in general, navigation with this tool through the application is adequate and consistent. However, some points have been found that could be improved to provide a more satisfactory experience for these users. Some buttons and images lack alt text, days are read abbreviated as "2 d" which can be confusing for these people, and the map is not accessible. Despite these aspects, it could be said that the application shows concern for the accessibility of this group.
The voice narrator test has been tested for Iphone as well (Voice Over) and the accessibility has been found to be slightly better than Android, with more elements having alt text. Also, in this case you can navigate the map using the narrator.
In relation to people with reduced vision, the application does not present significant obstacles in their navigation due to its simple interface, avoiding the saturation of the screen with visual elements. In general, the contrasts are adequate, although there are some exceptions, such as the combination of a dark gray on a light gray.
Accessibility for people with hearing difficulties
The application does not present barriers for people with hearing difficulties, since it does not include audio elements.
Accessibility for people with cognitive difficulties
The interface is clear and simple, and it has a correct distribution of content. It also has buttons with intuitive icons to perform certain actions such as comment, share or react to a publication. The information is understandable and the application is well explained to make the user experience more accessible for this group.
Nextdoor is a useful application that encourages community participation and interaction between neighbors. It has a large number of users who use this application so that residents can both broadcast their own events and discover those in which they wish to participate. It can also be very useful for dependent people who need help with specific errands, or a way for people who want to offer their help to vulnerable groups. Although some aspects of the application could be improved, Nextdoor is a platform that many users can take advantage of.
- Promotes solidarity and sustainability in neighborhoods.
- This application can be beneficial for the elderly or dependent people, since other users of the application can offer them help in their day-to-day activities, such as shopping or walking their pets.
- This application creates links between the residents of a neighborhood, and can help improve the emotional well-being of people by attending events, or the inclusion of new neighbors in a community.
- Ease of communication between neighbors thanks to individual chats or comments and reactions on each publication.
- Ease of use of the application. For example, to sign up for an event after reading the information about it, just press the "I'm interested" button and you could attend it.
- Information only appears from neighborhoods close to the user's or their own.
- The application guarantees the privacy of the user by not revealing their precise location. In the event an ad is published, you are given the option to display your exact location or an approximate one that represents the neighborhood in general, giving the user control over the information they wish to share.
- Although registration requires providing the exact address of the user, which can raise privacy concerns, the verification that is done guarantees the authenticity of the users belonging to the neighborhood.
Points to improve
- Improvable accessibility in some points of the application.
- Posts on the home screen do not appear in chronological order and have false timing on some of them.