What is it about:
Lazarillo is a free application developed to facilitate the orientation of people with reduced or no vision in outdoor environments.
The application is based on the use of the GPS location of the mobile terminal and several cartography systems to guide the user. Lazarillo offers a list of locations of interest such as restaurants, transportation, ATMs or public buildings among others to which you can direct through voice instructions to the user.
The application is available in English and Spanish in Android and IOS versions and its use is intuitive and fully adapted for screen readers such as voiceover and talkback.
Scan mode: it announces where the user is and what is around them, such as bus stops, ATMs, shops, among others. In addition, it informs about places close to its position and the intersection of streets through which it transits, improving mobility.
The application has the following features:
- Searches by categories: locates nearby sites through categories such as banks, health, food, transportation, among others, ensuring better accessibility to what is in the environment.
- Specific searches: enter addresses in the "search" button and find any place that is needed.
- Save bookmarks: saves places to be available without an internet connection and associated with the user's account. It can be done with the address or by means of GPS locators.
- Routing or guide from one point to another: allows the user to choose a place and plan a route to reach it. It has various travel options to ensure mobility around the city: walking, car, public transport or Uber.
- Tracking: activates the tracking of a place to receive alerts as the user approaches it.